Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mom and Me

Guest written by our friend Trent Horton

My mom and I spent the longest time looking into New Jersey Internet when I moved here. I run my consulting business out of my home and I knew I needed good, reliable internet without a huge price tag and that’s the last thing I had time to think about while I was unpacking everything and enrolling the kids in their new school. When my husband got his promotion offer which meant we had to move I wasn’t worried – the beauty of my job is that since I’m freelance I can do it from wherever – but you know, at the end of the day it’s my responsibility to be just as professional here as I was back at my old place…most of my clients don’t even know I’ve moved and I’d like to keep it that way if possible. I love my job and I love my family and I’m thankful I don’t have to choose between the two. I know a lot of women who do but I’ve got the luxury of wearing both hats!

No comments: