Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Going to a Jets Game

Guest written by our friend Trent Horton

Is going to a New York Jets game exciting? Of course it is. The reputation of the fans is a little rowdy, but that only adds to the excitement. It's not uncommon to see a few arguments on the way into the stadium from the parking lot, but if you stay away and don't look for trouble, it shouldn't be an issue. Once you're inside and the game begins, the place is rocking. That ridiculous chant of J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS! is embraced by all the fans. Believe it or not, I think it rattles the other team when they're on offense.

Going to a Jets game might be exciting, but getting home isn't the easiest of tasks. Getting to the game is easy because everyone leaves at different times. However, when the game is over, everyone is leaving at the same time, which leads to a lot of traffic. And if you have to use the restroom, this can be very uncomfortable. This is the main reason I will sometime choose to watch the game on my satellite tv from TVByDirect opposed to actually going to the game. That way I can just relax on my couch and go to the bathroom when I please.

I enjoy both experiences - going to the game and staying home - I think the key is balance, just like anything else.

No comments: