Saturday, March 17, 2012

Taking Control

Guest post written by my buddy Aldo Mays

After being laid off three times in two years, I decided it was time to take my employment and my future into my own hands. As a single parent, flexibility was key for me as I began researching businesses for sale in my area. Plus, I wanted to know that my hard work would be reflected in the success of my business, not diluted by the failures of others. After narrowing down my choices, I began looking at office space to rent. Many of the places nearby were pricey and the ones I could afford were awfully far to commute to daily. When I learned I could get a T1 Chicago line to my house, my problems were solved! I had a spare bedroom that, with a small desk, could easily double as an office. How much more convenient could it get but to walk upstairs every morning with my cup of coffee after putting the kids on the bus to school. And to be able to be at home when they got off the bus was priceless!

No comments: