Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Father of the Bride

This guest post from Lewis Beck

My daughter is going to get married in only two months and I can’t believe my baby girl has gotten so old. It feels like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms at the hospital and here I am about to give her away to another man half my age! She’s deliriously happy, though, and I love Chris, so it makes the whole thing a lot easier. What doesn’t make it easy is the cost of this wedding, which I’m expected to pay for. Who knew that everything involved would be so marked up! The photographer is charging us over five thousand dollars for the photos. For photos! The cake decorator is making a killing, too, asking for thousands to make a great cake. And don’t even get me started on what the caterer has in mind. I’ve been looking for deals online and thankfully there was some good 4g Internet pricing around a couple months ago, so at least I saved some money on that! I’m just going to close my eyes and sign the check!

No comments: