Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Penning a memoir

Guest post written by Jessen Burns

Creative writing and poetry was always something that I loved taking in school. I also dabbled in it during my adult life but never really did anything with it, which I deeply regret. But I decided it was time to stop wondering what if and go ahead and write my memoir because I have some great stories to tell.

I realize that other people may not even care to read my memoir and I’m not sure if I’m going to try and get it published or not, but I’m getting pleasure out of just putting it down on paper, or I guess a computer screen .

As part of the project I interviewed my mom to clear up certain things about my childhood that were kind of cloudy. During the interview I had to keep asking her to repeat herself, not because I’m a slow writer though. I was typing away. It’s just that I had a hard time understanding everything she was saying. After that I looked up hearing aids cost and bought some.

I’m not sure if that will make it into my memoir, but I’m not ruling it out just yet.

No comments: