Friday, September 24, 2010

You Should Meet How I Met Your Mother

Thanks for the post from Lynn Guy

Every Monday night, my husband and I have a tradition. We hold off dinner until later in the evening, play with our baby girl, and once she's in bed, curl up in front of direct tv washington and watch sitcoms. One of our favorites is How I Met Your Mother on CBS. This show is always good for a laugh, and isn't as dumbed down as other sitcoms out there.

If you're not aware, How I Met Your Mother is a show that follows a group of five friends - narrator Ted (played by Josh Radnor), womanizer Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), quirky Robin (Cobie Smulders), and married couple Lily (Alyson Hannigan) and Marshall (Jason Segel) - through their everyday life and times in New York City. While Ted is the narrator, he is not doing so in the show, exactly. Instead, a voiceover is looking back at his life, recalling stories of his youth to unseen children.

The latest season starts on Monday, September 20 at 8:00pm. You can be sure I'll be sitting in front of my tv, getting ready to laugh.

No comments: