Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Daily dog walks

Guest post written by Neil Sanders

Every evening when I get home from work I walk my dog around my neighborhood. It also gives me a chance to unwind and stretch my legs after sitting behind a desk and looking at a computer the whole day.

I’m not the only one in my neighborhood that does this and a lot of time some of my neighbors and I will walk our dogs together and catch up on each others’ lives. A few days ago I encountered my neighbor Jim while we were both walking our dogs and he told me about his son’s graduation from college and how he’s taking a year off before medical school to volunteer in South America.

Except I didn’t pick up on all the details that he was talking about because I was having trouble hearing. So after that I looked up information about and made sure to schedule a miracle ear hearing test. We’ll see if I actually need any help with my hearing, but I think that I must if I have trouble hearing my neighbor talk to me while he’s walking beside me.

No comments: